Snagged your favorite leather jacket and tore a hole through it? Your can fix the tear yourself rather than throw your fine jacket away, Designed for soft, fine leather jackets, our repair compounds formulated to remain soft and flexible to preserve the natural look and feel of leather. The kit will permanently repair tears, holes and surface scratches.
If you leather garment is Black or Dark Brown, you can be the Leather Doctor. Our Leather Repair Kit comes with either Black or Dark Brown. If you have any other color, send your jacket to us for repair. We will custom mix a color to match your garment.
Leather Jacket Repair Instructions, DIY
1. Trim the hole with a scizzor to clean up the rough edges from the tear.
2. Cut the subpatch material slightly bigger than the hole. Insert it under the hole with the adhesive side face up.
3. Heat the subpatch (with your hairdryer) to bond the adhesive to the leather.
4. Mix the repair compound with your color (black or dark brown).
5. Use the small palette knife to spread the filler compound over the hole in thin layers. Air dry it before applying another layer. You can speed up drying with hair dryer. Thin layers yield a stronger, long lasting repair.
6. Sand the repaired area (after it dried) with fine grit sandpaper (400 grit)
7. Paint the repaired areas with our Leather Dye (black or dark brown). On average 3 coats will cover up the repair nicely.
Voila. You are done! Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for doing such a nice job!
· 2oz plastic cup
· 1in Foam Brush
· 400 grit sandpaper
To order Leather Jacket Repair Kit, click here